Dear Silver Lake Orthodontics patients and families,
I hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and highest standard of care.
As we enter the “Partial Re-opening” phase, Washington State dental offices, will be allowed to start seeing patients again for appointments that, if delayed any longer will put the patient at greater risk for additional or more costly treatment or result in a less-positive result/outcome.
We will start seeing patients for appointments after May 18th and we will reach out to patients this coming week to schedule your next appointment. Please call us this upcoming week at (425) 278-4400 or email us at email@example.com if we didn’t reach you.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff and we have our entire team to help guide you through this process. For example:
- Our office will ask you COVID -19 screening questions when come at your appointment.
- All patients must brush and floss thoroughly prior to attending their appointment; all brushing stations have been turned into handwashing-only stations.
- Upon entering the building you must wash hands or use the provided hand sanitizer.
- We will use a scan thermometer to take patient temperatures upon entry; anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be rescheduled.
- We ask that all patients and family members wear a mask when entering the building.
- After your check in, we will ask that siblings and parents/guardians of appropriately aged children wait in the car.
- Your child will be walked out by a clinician and you will be asked to come back into the building for checkout or schedule the next appointments via phone. Please be prepared to answer our call during/after your kiddo’s appointment to schedule their next visit.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- All of our team members will be wearing additional PPE for our patients and their own protection.
- We have installed air filters in the clinic to reduce aerosols in the environment.
- There are many other things taking place such as increased sanitation schedules, staff health screenings, air filtration system checks, along with scheduling, procedural and PPE changes.
Please let us know if you have any specific questions about what else we may be doing to take best care of your families during treatment.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Katz and the Team at Silver Lake Orthodontics